Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving!


I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and ate lots of food. We went to Winchester Ridge Ranch and met some of Jake's family from Texas and California. Let me tell you it was an experience. Once we arrived to the front of the entrance we still had about a 10-15 minute drive just to get to the house. The property is 1200 acres of wildlife roaming free. We saw everything from wild boars, wild turkeys and deer of all kinds. I can't even tell you the different types. I went on a walk with some of the girls and we took the 2 dogs which ended up chasing some of the boar, I was a little scared and we didn't know what to do. As you can read I made out of there alive. Emma and Ben took a jeep ride around the ranch to set out some corn for the animals. Ben collected wood for the fire as we did have a high of 39 degrees that day. Jake Jr. played his game boy all day, he wasn't to interested in going out in the cold. The kids had a good time and enjoyed seeing all of the wildlife. It wasn't like being back in Ohio but we at least had some cool weather so it truly felt like Thanksgiving and it was nice to be with some family here. They were very nice and Emma enjoyed playing with Sarah (10), Tiffany (14) and Stephanie (17).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a great Thanksgiving too. I'm glad it was cold enough to "feel" like Thanksgiving to you! I'm glad Kristy gave me this blog address so I can see what you are doing. Keep up the good work! I miss all of you. I hope you are all happy and blessed.